Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement
This statement sets out Reliance High-Tech’s policy on Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking in response to the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
Reliance High-Tech has a zero-tolerance approach to Modern Slavery of any kind within our operations and supply chain. Employees are expected to report concerns, using the appropriate reporting channels, and management are expected to act upon them.
As part of security industry, we recognise that it is our responsibility to take a robust approach to slavery and human trafficking.
Reliance High-Tech is a leading independent security systems integrator serving private and public sector organisation’s in the UK and Europe with an annual turnover below £30m.
Compliance with the Act
Reliance High-Tech is compliance with the requirements of the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
Reliance High-Tech operates the following policies that support Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Policy:
- Whistleblowing policy Reliance High-Tech’s whistleblowing procedure is designed to make it easy for workers to make disclosures, without fear of retaliation. Employees, customers or others who have concerns can use our confidential helpline/complete our confidential disclosure form. Reliance High-Tech encourages all its employees and business partners to report any concerns related to the direct activities, or the supply chains of, Reliance High-Tech.
- Employee code of conduct Reliance High-Tech’s code makes clear to employees the actions and behaviour expected of them when representing Reliance High-Tech. Reliance High-Tech strives to maintain the highest standards of employee conduct and ethical behaviour when operating abroad and managing its supply chain.
- Supplier/Procurement code of conduct Reliance High-Tech is committed to ensuring that its suppliers adhere to the highest standards.
- Recruitment policy Reliance High-Tech operate a robust recruitment policy, including conducting eligibility to work in the UK checks for all employees to safeguard against human trafficking or individuals being forced to work against their will.
- Corporate Social Responsibility Policy Reliance High-Tech are committed to a Corporate Social Responsibility programme which is tangible, practical and “fits” with the ethos of our business. It is our commitment to behave ethically and to contribute to the economic development of the community while improving the quality of life of our workforce, their families as well as society at large.
The Human Resource department is the owner of this document and is responsible for ensuring that this procedure is reviewed in line with the review requirements of the QMS.
A current version of this document is available to members of staff on the corporate intranet and is published a part of the QMS framework.
This procedure was approved by the Board of Reliance High-Tech on 17th January 2017 and is issued on a version-controlled basis under signature.
Name Alistair Enser
Chief Executive Officer
Date: 04th January 2019
Issue 1 - 17-01-2017 - Initial Issue
Issue 2 - 17-01-2017 - Updated on review
Issue 3 - 22-01-2018 - Review
Issue 4 - 08-01-2019 - Annual Statement