Who we are
Reliance High-Tech Limited is the UK’s leading independent security technology integrator and provider of Lone Worker safety services under the Reliance Protect brand. We have been working with leading public and private sector organisations to improve security for over 40 years. Accredited to the highest industry standards and working in partnership with the leading security manufacturers and suppliers, we deliver innovative technology solutions to blue chip customers across a wide range of demanding security environments.
Through these activities, Reliance High-Tech Limited collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the UK General Data Protection Regulation and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
The personal information we collect and use
Information collected by us
In the course of providing lone worker services to you we may collect the following personal information when you provide it to us and/or when the personal information is generated as a consequence of us providing the services:
- your name, job title/department and employer;
- your designated delivery address;
- contact telephone numbers and email addresses;
- your date of birth and any personal information that may be relevant to the provision of our Lone Worker service; and
- your location.
We may also collect personal information indirectly, such as your browsing activity while on our website (see “Cookies” below).
Information collected from other sources
From time to time, we may engage with marketing and business development agencies to provide us with the following personal information on individuals within organisations who may have a legitimate interest in knowing more about our products and services:
- names, job titles, email addresses, contact telephone numbers and postal addresses
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to:
- provide you with our Lone Worker service including our optional location mapping service where such service is procured from us;
- to verify your authentication into our Focus portal;
- process any transactions authorised or made by you with us;
- send statements and invoices to you and collect payments from you;
- provide you with information about other products and services that we offer which may be relevant to you; and
- undertake product or customer research and development.
Who we share your personal information with
As part of our Lone Worker service, we may share the personal information that we collect from you with emergency services and your location information may also be shared with authorised individuals within your employer organisation.
From time to time, we may also share limited personal information that we collect from you with marketing and business development agencies acting on our behalf (please contact us if you would like details of the agencies that we use). This data sharing, which is subject to stringent data sharing protocols, enables us to keep you informed of products and services provided by us that are or may be relevant to you. Any such data sharing is limited to the following personal information:
- your name, job title/department, employer and email address.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We also provide access to the supplier of the lone worker alarm monitoring software to enable ongoing software maintenance and upgrades to ensure minimal downtime in the alarm handling service. Such access is managed under stringent data sharing protocols.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
Whether information has to be provided by you, and if so why
The personal information that we collect from you is required to enable us to provide you with the Lone Worker products and services that you have ordered from us.
How long your personal information will be kept
We will hold the personal information that we collect from you relating to the provision of the Lone Worker service for three years after expiry or earlier termination of our Lone Worker service contract, in line with BS8484 (Code of practice for the provision of lone worker device services) and BS5979 (Code of practice for remote centres receiving signals from fire and security systems).
When you cease to be a customer of ours, we will also retain your personal information (name, job title/department, employer and email address) for such period of time that we reasonably consider our products and services to be of a legitimate interest to you. We may retain aggregated or anonymised data (which is not treated as personal information under this privacy notice) for longer. We will not keep your personal data for longer than necessary.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
The UK General Data Protection Regulation sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data. We rely on the following as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data:
- to protect the vital interests of the lone worker;
- to comply with our contractual obligations (i.e. the Lone Worker service contract); and
- to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. For example, to undertake product or customer research and development and to keep you informed of products and services provided by us that are or may be relevant to you.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights. In summary, those include rights to:
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to our Data Protection Officer
- let us have enough information to identify you; and
- let us know the information to which your request relates.
If you would like to unsubscribe from any email newsletter you can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email newsletter.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. These include ISO27001:2013 and Cyber Essentials certification. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We secure access to all areas of our websites using ‘https’ technology.
We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we carry out penetration testing to identify ways to further strengthen security.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How to complain
We hope that our Data Protection Officer can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was published on 18-05-2018 and last updated on 20-10-2021.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time, when we do we will inform you by posting the revised privacy notice on our website.
How to contact us
Please contact our Data Protection Officer, if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
If you wish to contact our Data Protection Officer, please send an email to email@example.com, write to The Data Protection Officer, Reliance High-Tech Limited, The Columbia Centre, Station Road, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 1LP or call 0845 121 0802.