Leading Retailer works with Reliance Protect on Body Worn Camera Trial to Improve Retail Worker Safety
December 4, 2023
A 2022 survey by the Retail Trust questioned 1,000 retail staff and found that two-thirds think verbal and physical attacks have got worse in the last two years, more than two-thirds said they were stressed or anxious about going to work and nearly half had considered quitting their jobs. As a result, many retailers are turning to body worn video cameras to protect their employees.
Reliance Protect’s Lone Worker Services Director Chris Allcard recently spoke to Retail Times to explain the benefits and purpose of body worn cameras and shared how a recent trial by a leading high-street retailer highlights the difference they can make.
The trial took place over 12 weeks in eight stores that had been identified as having an increased volume of:
- Antisocial behaviour
- Violent or aggressive incidents
The results of the trial were powerful, including:
- 81% of participants said that they felt the body worn cameras had improved their safety
- 72% of staff felt safer wearing body worn cameras
- 58% of respondents felt generally safer at work
- Five out of the eight stores had experienced a decrease in overall incidents
Read more in the Retail Times article here.